- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
At Twin Pines Veterinary Clinic we offer Laser Therapy, as an alternative/complimentary tool, to medication and surgery for your pet who has pain, inflammation, and/or infection due to the following conditions:
- Pain Relief
- Wound Healing
- Arthritic Conditions
- Intervertebral Disc Disease
- Post-Surgical Pain Relief
- Degenerative Inflammatory Joint Disease
- Lick Granulomas
- Degloving Injuries
- Peridontal Disease
- And More...
What Can Laser Therapy Do For My Pet?
- Laser therapy can ease aches and pains with or without the use of medications and surgery.
- Laser therapy can increase mobility in your pet whether it is due to an injury or arthritic conditions.
- Laser therapy can provide relief from pain and inflammation from common disorders such as lick granulomas and chronic ear infections.
- Not only can laser therapy help reduce pain and swelling, it also kills bacteria, fungus, and other organisms to help prevent infections.
How Does Laser Therapy Work?
Laser therapy utilizes deep-penetrating infrared light which allows for pain relief through the release of endorphins, reduces inflammation, and stimulates the injured cells to heal faster.
Can My Pet Benefit From Laser Therapy?
All pets can experience the benefits that laser therapy can provide. Laser therapy is a great option for cats! Cats are very sensitive to medication and do not have the same options as dogs when it comes to pain relievers and anti-inflammatory medications. Cats that have a joint injury, arthritic pain, or a skin wound can especially experience benefits from laser therapy.
If your pet is experiencing any of the conditions listed above, or if you have questions, please contact us at Twin Pines Veterinary Clinic to learn more and schedule an appointment.
At Twin Pines, as a part of every surgery and dental procedure, a post-operative laser therapy session is included with the cost of the surgery. We have found that administering a laser therapy session post-operatively decreases the inflammation/pain and also decreases the risk for infections.